Members login here
Careers: NZ law librarianship
Library career biographies
Law Firm Records Administrator
Crown Entity Librarian
Academic Law Librarian
Become a member
08 Nov 2023
Now Accepting Applications for the 2025 FCIL-SIS Schaffer Grant for Foreign Law Librarians
Scholarship applications for BIALL Conference 14-16 June 2023 in Belfast, Northern Ireland - closes 31 January 2023
16 Jan 2023
The NZLLA is offering one partial scholarship for a NZLLA member to attend the British and Irish Association of Law Librarians in person conference 14-16 June in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
The scholarship is to the value of $3,000 which can be put towards flights or accommodation. Any spend incurred over that amount will be at the member’s expense. One conference registration will be provided.
BIALL Conference theme: Gaining the edge: investing in our skillset
Sessions are likely to include legal tech; practical sessions on presentation, communication, training skills; increasing visibility. The Conference programme is still being finalised.
Details on how to apply are below:
Any applicant must be a current member of NZLLA, based in New Zealand, at the time the application is made and when the activity is to be undertaken. Applications will be accepted from members of the NZLLA National Executive, but such applicants are not permitted to participate in discussion regarding the awarding of any scholarship.
2. Judging Criteria
In making an award the panel will take into account the following criteria:
• the candidate’s commitment to NZLLA and/or law librarianship (eg. length of service in a law library, study towards a library qualification, NZLLA meeting attendance, leadership activities, the promotion of law librarianship through activities with NZLLA or other library organisations);
• preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received an NZLLA grant or scholarship.
• We welcome applicants from those who are new to the profession!
3. Requirement of successful candidate
Successful candidates will be expected to write a short summary for the NZLLA National Executive on the sessions you found particularly relevant and talk to this at one of the monthly meetings.
We don’t want this to be an intimidating experience! We are simply looking for you to share your insight and key learnings from the conference with our members.
4. Applications should be emailed to the NZLLA President and include:
• Full contact details including email address
• Qualifications and work experience
• Reason for the application and the expected benefits of the activity
A panel consisting of the NZLLA President and two other National Executive members will award the grant and the successful applicant will be notified within a week after the closing date.
Please submit your application to the NZLLA President Erin Cairney mailto:email@example.com
The closing date is Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Read more about BIALL here
Create an Account