As indicated last week the health and safety of our members is the top priority of the NZLLA Nat Exec.
Due to the uncertainty around Covid-19 we have made the difficult decision to cancel the Privacy Commission lunchtime session scheduled for Tuesday 24th March.
We are hoping to reschedule this session later in the year when things are a more certain.
There is a substantial amount of information in the media around Covid-19. We recognize that individual organizations will have their own policies in place in response to COVID-19, and members will need to be guided by their own organizations in response to this uncertain time. Specific information for NZ Libraries is being led by LIANZA and can be found here: https://lianza.org.nz/covid-19-coronavirus-new-zealand-libraries/
In addition a wider GLAM initiative is tracking closures,cancellations and reduced services across Aotearoa. You may wish to add your libraries information to this page https://www.ndf.org.nz/covid19-and-nz-glams
Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
NZLLA Letter of Appreciation - call for nominations
12 Oct 2020
Kia ora koutou,
The New Zealand Law Librarians Association is calling for nominations for a Letter of Appreciation for individual members who have made a significant contribution to the Association, or to the profession of Law Librarianship in New Zealand.
It is envisioned that a Letter of Appreciation would recognise the contributions and service that an individual has made either throughout their career or for influential projects which have had a benefit for the profession.
Guidelines for nominations are listed below:
This contribution may be (but is not restricted to):
• the provision of a new service or programme,
• demonstration of sustained high performance or leadership,
• long term service to the profession,
• the discovery of a new and innovative solution to a Library issue, or
• the completion of a project that benefits the profession
Any individual member is eligible as long as:
• They have been a member of the NZLLA for two years
• They have been nominated by two members of the Association, or
• If self-nominated, have the support of two referees
• Calls for nominations for a letter of appreciation will be made annually.
• Nominations will be considered by the president of the Association and the National Executive.
• Recipients will be formally acknowledged at the Association AGM in November in the President’s report.
Nominations can be emailed to the NZLLA President Theresa Buller
Nominations close 5pm Friday 30th October 2020.