Members login here
Careers: NZ law librarianship
Library career biographies
Law Firm Records Administrator
Crown Entity Librarian
Academic Law Librarian
Become a member
15 Sep 2023
BIALL conference 2024 - Call for Papers
06 Sep 2023
NZLLA: Supporting the free, online Legal Gen AI summit 24-25 October 2023
NZLLA Life Membership - call for nominations
26 Jul 2021
Kia ora koutou,
The New Zealand Law Librarians Association is calling for nominations for Life Membership for individual members who have made an exceptional contribution to the Association, or to the profession of Law Librarianship in New Zealand.
To note: the award for Life Membership may not necessarily be awarded if the nomination does not reach the level required, as this award is only issued in exceptional circumstances.
Guidelines for nominations are below:
Life Membership is the highest Award available to recognise the exceptional contribution of individuals to the New Zealand Law Librarians' Association. It is therefore only to be awarded in exceptional circumstances.
In considering the award of Life Membership an individual should have demonstrated significant, sustained and high quality service enhancing the reputation and future of the Association.
Issues to be taken into account when considering any nomination should include:
• The general attitude and overall demeanour of the nominee to ensure that the attitude is one that reflects a dedication to the values of the Association;
• Specific evidence of extraordinary accomplishments. These may be scholarly, pedagogical or institutional achievements. The evidence should attest to the impact or reputation of the nominee;
• Commitment to the mission statement and goals of the Association that support and promote the interests of legal information professionals in New Zealand ; and
• Valued leadership and good role modelling that reflects credit upon the Association.
• These points apply in whatever role the nominee has participated in during their service in the Association.
Length of Service
The length of service to the Association should be at least 10 years in either or both as a member or Executive role with such service in either role being taken concurrently.
Process for Assessing Applications for Life Membership
Applications for Life Membership should be forwarded to the Association National Executive, care of the NZLLA President.
Applications should demonstrate attainment of minimum service requirements and other details of exemplary service. Applications should be completed by two current members who can attest to the significant, sustained and high quality service enhancing the reputation and future of the Association. Members cannot self-nominate.
• Nomination materials should include:
• a one-page letter of nomination, outlining the nominee's lifetime accomplishments and explanation of why the contribution is extraordinary and of a positive and lasting quality to the Association;
• a curriculum vitae of the nominee;
• additional letter/s of support, up to a maximum of five (5) letters;
• evidence that the nominee accepts the nomination.
Nominations can be emailed to the
Nominations close 5pm Friday 14th August 2021.
Create an Account