NZLLA is offering one scholarship for a NZLLA member to attend the Canadian Association of Law Librarians (CALL) online conference 31 May – 3 June 2022.
CALL/ABDB 2022 Conference Theme is Leading the Way
Legal information professionals have been at the forefront of developments in the library and information world. Over the years, we have stepped up as innovators, leaders, creative and open minded thinkers. Whether as drivers of change or as key partners and collaborators, legal information professionals are making their mark.
Programme coming soon!
CALL/ACBD are offering a whole years' membership as part of their non-member registration fee for their 2022 virtual conference! You will have access to their Knowledge network with their recorded and upcoming CALL webinars until the end of this year.
Details on how to apply are below:
Any applicant must be a current member of NZLLA, based in New Zealand, at the time the application is made and when the activity is to be undertaken. Applications will be accepted from members of the NZLLA National Executive, but such applicants are not permitted to participate in discussion regarding the awarding of any scholarship.
2. Judging Criteria
In making an award the panel will take into account the following criteria:
• the candidate’s commitment to NZLLA and/or law librarianship (eg. length of service in a law library, study towards a library qualification, NZLLA meeting attendance, leadership activities, the promotion of law librarianship through activities with NZLLA or other library organisations);
• preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received an NZLLA grant or scholarship.
• We welcome applicants from those who are new to the profession!
3. Requirement of successful candidate
Successful candidates will be expected to write a short summary for the NZLLA National Executive on the sessions you found particularly relevant and talk to this at one of the monthly meetings.
We don’t want this to be an intimidating experience! We are simply looking for you to share your insight and key learnings from the conference with our members.
4. Applications should be emailed to the NZLLA President and include:
• Full contact details including email address
• Qualifications and work experience
• Reason for the application and the expected benefits of the activity
A panel consisting of the NZLLA President and two other National Executive members will award the grant and the successful applicant will be notified within a week after the closing date.
Please submit your application to the NZLLA President, Erin Cairney firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Thursday 5 May.
I really do encourage you to apply if you are interested. Scholarship opportunities are a fantastic benefit of your NZLLA membership.