The New Zealand Law Librarians’ Association is very pleased to offer a scholarship of $4000 for assistance with attending the 2019 BIALL Conference (Bournemouth, UK).
To attend the the 50th BIALL Annual Study Conference & Exhibition, which is being held in Bournemouth from the 13th - 15th June 2019. https://biall.org.uk/annual-conference/conference-2019-bournemouth/
• to further the continuing professional education of the recipient;
• to contribute to the knowledge and development of law librarianship in New Zealand; or
• to further the aims of the New Zealand Law Librarians’ Association.
The amount of the scholarship will be NZ $4000.00 to be utilised for airfares, accommodation, meals, registration (if required) and other travel related expenditure for the conference. Note the requirements to provide a report on how funds are utilised.
Any applicant must be a current member of NZLLA, based in New Zealand, at the time the application is made and when the activity is to be undertaken. Applications will be accepted from members of the NZLLA National Executive, but such applicants are not permitted to participate in
discussions regarding the grants for that funding round.
4. Judging Criteria
In making an award the panel will take into account the following criteria:
• the candidate’s commitment to NZLLA and/or law librarianship (eg. length of service in a law library, study towards a library qualification, NZLLA meeting attendance, leadership activities, the promotion of law librarianship through activities with NZLLA or other library organisations);
• preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received an NZLLA grant or scholarship.
5. Requirement of successful candidate
Successful candidates will be expected to write a report for the NZLLA National Executive on the activity undertaken and present this at a meeting. The successful candidate must also be able to provide accounts for how scholarship funds were utilised.
6. Applications should be emailed to the NZLLA President and include:
• Full contact details including email address
• Qualifications and work experience
• Reason for the application and the expected benefits of the activity
A panel consisting of the NZLLA President and two other National Executive members will award the grant and the successful applicant will be notified within a week after the closing date.
Please send applications to the NZLLA President, Stephanie Colling, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 5 April 2019.