Kia ora koutou
The New Zealand Law Librarians’ Association (NZLLA) is pleased to offer three scholarships for NZLLA members to attend the ALLA online conference in 2021.
The ALLA conference will be a virtual Conference held on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th September.
More information including a programme is here.
The National Executive has agreed to offer three scholarships in 2021. It is hoped that one of these scholarships may be offered to a newer member of the Association.
Details on how to apply are below:
Any applicant must be a current member of NZLLA, based in New Zealand, at the time the application is made and when the activity is to be undertaken. Applications will be accepted from members of the NZLLA National Executive, but such applicants are not permitted to participate in discussion regarding the awarding of any scholarship.
2. Judging Criteria
In making an award the panel will take into account the following criteria:
• the candidate’s commitment to NZLLA and/or law librarianship (for example the length of service in a law library, study towards a library qualification, NZLLA meeting attendance, leadership activities, the promotion of law librarianship through activities with NZLLA or other library organisations);
• preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received an NZLLA grant or scholarship.
3. Requirement of successful candidate
Successful candidates will be expected to write a report for the NZLLA National Executive on the activity undertaken and present this at a meeting.
4. Applications should be emailed to the NZLLA President and include:
• Full contact details including email address
• Qualifications and work experience
• Reason for the application and the expected benefits of the activity
A panel consisting of the NZLLA President and two other National Executive members will award the grant and the successful applicant will be notified within a week after the closing date.
Please submit your application to the NZLLA President Theresa Buller.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 15th September.
Please get in touch with me if you have any further questions