To promote law librarianship by providing a national and regional focus for information specialists working in the legal sector, by encouraging developments that will further improve the usefulness and efficiency of law libraries and by fostering a spirit of co-operation among members of the NZLLA.
- To enhance the profession of law librarianship in New Zealand, particularly within the legal sector.
- To promote liaison and co-operation among law librarians at local, regional, national and international levels, and with other organisations.
- To provide opportunities for training professional development continuing education and networking for law librarians.
- To facilitate the sharing of resources by encouraging the planned development and enhancement of local, regional and national legal resources.
- To provide a national level group to negotiate with Government Parliament, legal publishers, database vendors and other providers of legal and business information.